Whether you’re avoiding the oven because it’s too hot outside or you just don’t feel like cooking, you can still enjoy healthy, nutritious foods. Here are some easy protein snacks that are delicious and don’t require any cooking!
Tuna is a great source of protein, and this recipe uses plain Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise. It’s healthy, easy to put together, and most importantly, it’s delicious!
- Canned tuna
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Cherry tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- Celery, chopped
Mix tuna with Greek yogurt until it reaches your desired consistency. Add in other ingredients, and then enjoy by itself or in a lettuce wrap on Protein Day or on whole-grain bread or crackers on Meal Day!
You can buy hummus at the grocery store, but it’s also pretty quick to make it yourself. Hummus is a great option because it’s delicious and easy to put together, and it pairs well with veggies!
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, plus more for serving
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. tahini (optional)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- ¾ tsp. salt
- In a food processor, puree chickpeas and garlic with the olive oil, lemon juice, tahini (if desired), cumin, and salt until smooth and creamy. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water if necessary to achieve the desired consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika before serving.
Want something even easier? Try these quick protein options!
- Greek yogurt
- Lettuce wrap with fresh-cut deli meat
- Natural nut butter and celery
- Cheese and slices of deli meat
- Beef or turkey jerky
We hope you enjoy these protein snacks. For more delicious, BBS-friendly recipes, subscribe to the blog and check out our Facebook page!